Hello Families! Wow! Can you believe we are almost done with our 4th week of school? Time has just flown by. It has been great getting to know each of the students and bonding as a class! Each of my updates will include a little bit about what they are learning/doing in class, anything specific the class is focusing on, as well as reminders about upcoming events or activities!
This week, students are having lots of fun learning! In Math, we are focusing on our place value skills. Students also learned about the Properties of Addition. We even came up with an easy clue for each of them:
- Commutative Property – “flip flop rule”
- Associative Property – “the buddy rule”
- Identity Property – “the me rule”
In Social Studies, students are learning all about our earth! They are studying maps, globes and how geographers study our earth! In Writing, students are learning how to write personal narratives. They are writing their narratives on a small moment in time, focusing on our recent field trip. I can’t wait to see what they come up with! In Religion, they are still studying the St. Francis Prayer.
As a class, students are focusing on having self control, acting with integrity and being respectful to all. I encourage you to have a conversation with your child about what they can do to practice these values this week.
Here is a list of upcoming events to keep in mind:
- Our Move-A-Thon is always a great time to help contribute to our school. Ask friends, family and neighbors to donate here. The Move-A-Thon is next Thursday, October 5th, but donations are being accepted until 10/27. We are so close to reaching our goal!
- No school on Friday, October 6th. Teacher inservice.
- Our Gala Kick-Off party is on Friday, October 13th, 6:30 – 9:30 PM. I hope to see you there! Cheers!
- Commitment forms for the Global Reading Challenge are due on Monday. I HIGHLY encourage all students to participate. It’s so much fun and encourages reading, teamwork and a little friendly competition 😉
- Its that time of year that students are starting to get sick. Please help us all out by ensuring your child gets enough sleep, washes their hands, and stays home to recover if they become sick. Thanks!
Thank you all for reading! I hope you have a great rest of your week. Thank you for your continued support.